There were many interesting things that happened in 2012 that I would like to share.
1. The top event in my opinion was the world did not end. Every one was making such a big deal over it and I am so glad that all the hectic stuff is over. The thought of the world ending terrified people and made them literally go crazy. I didn’t think that it would happen, but now all of those ”believers” are left still terrified and confused. If I could, I would have made sure that the whole world knew it wasn’t going to happen and that we were all safe so there was nothing to worry about.
2. The second major event that I chose was the big space jump by Felix Baumgartner. His jump was record-breaking and very impressive. It takes a lot of courage to do something like that and he has become famous for it. I want to go skydiving myself, but I probably shouldn’t because it is risky and very dangerous. The fact that Felix had confidence in him self and was willing to take the risk involves being brave and a very skilled athlete. In conclusion, I think this event was also very important.
3. The third major event of 2012 is the Colorado shooting. This devastated many people and even upset me. He walked into a movie theater during the premier of The Dark Knight dressed as the Joker and started randomly shooting into the theater. The shooter, James Holmes must of been really messed up and I think that he deserves to die too. He killed 12 innocent people and wounded 58 and that definitely proves that he is mental. This event will never leave my mind.
4. The fourth major event of 2012 was the Connecticut school shooting. It happened on December 14, 2012 and Adam Lanza walked into and killed 20 children,(18 children died in the school and 2 died in the hospital) his mother in her apartment, 6 adults, the principal, Dawn Hochsprung and himself a short while after. It is a horrible thought knowing that one morning people are kissing their child goodbye only to get a call later that day saying that your child has been killed and you will never see them again. I think that every parent should feel very fortunate and be sympathetic towards the parents that did lose their children. I wish the best to all the parents that lost their loved ones and I hope that they regain their strength.
5. The fifth event is Whitney Houston’s death. Her death was tragic, but it was her own fault and she brought it on herself. Right before the awards ceremony, Houston was found dead in her room. They think that it was from a drug overdose, which sounds like something she would do. I’m not hating on her, but she did it as a choice and it is not really our problem, it was hers. That’s all I’m saying.
6. The next event is the german sheperd, Kabang. This dog is no ordinary dog. She jumped in front of a speeding motorcycle to save her owner’s grandchildren. She lost her top snout in the accident. They now need over 10,000 dollars for her surgery to replace her snout and top jaw. I would donate, but my parents think that it’s a money making scam.
7. Another event is the squirrel found in someone’s backyard. The animal was no ordinary squirrel, though. This squirrel was purple! People are trying to comev up with theories as to how it got it’s unusual coloring. The theory is this: it fell into a portable toilet. The couple who caught the squirrel took a photograph that babbled the media, and then released the squirrel back into the wild. Its whereabouts are unknown, and the local game commission refuses to launch a hunt for it.
8. The next event is the rapper Psy. He is the maker of Gangnam Style, the modern cowboy dance. This was a big hit and had an extremely famous music video. Psy has had many other songs that never really got noticed, but Gangnam Style is different. The song is in Korean! The song and the dance are both REALLY catchy.
9. Another event is Carly Rae Jepsen. This ordinary girl got famous because she posted a song on YouTube and got discovered. She got really lucky because I could probably post a million good songs on the Internet and never get discovered. She is best known for her song Call Me Maybe. She also did a duet with Owl City called Good Time.
10. The final event is the Miami cannibal attack. A series of bizarre killings, led by the so-called Miami cannibal attack on May 26, triggered an outbreak of searches such as “zombie apocalypse.” The story of Ronald Poppo, a South Florida homeless man, generated lurid attention for days because his attacker, Rudy Eugene, was nude when he attacked Poppo by chewing off much of his face. A police officer shot and killed Eugene, and no motive has surfaced.
Those are the top 10 events of 2012!!!!!;)